Musicians create music to entertain an audience. Treat them to a new sound which they can appreciate and connect with. Many of the most successful musicians have this as the foundation of their careers.
However, not a lot of them got the huge following they have without making an effort to reach out to people to watch them play. The audience makes the show and the music worthwhile to make for all musicians.
Posting about your gig on your Facebook Wall or Twitter feed can help but it shouldn’t be the only platform you use to get a larger audience. Posting the date of the gig on your event planners site won’t be enough to get you to sell your tickets.
As a matter of fact, the venue of your gig will not be the one to promote your show. Many bands, shows, or events can happen on your venue and they just don’t have the time to advertise all the gigs. The burden still lies on the band or musician.
Musicians are expected to bring their audience to the venue of their gig. This means that they should gather crowds using marketing strategies and promotional materials that will help them bring more people to the venue.
A gig poster is an effective way to promote your gig. You should be able to make one if you have an upcoming gig. The design must represent your band or the brand of music you play so you can attract the right audience. Start with these simple steps to get your poster ready:
- Collect information about the entire gig. The time & date, venue, audience age, gate fee, and the name of the bands playing.
- Place the name of the headline band on top of your poster and make sure they are at the header of your poster.
- Post the names of the other bands or front acts that will also play during the gig below the name of the main band.
- Once the gig roster is identified, think of a layout for your poster. From the graphics, fonts, and some of the creative things you’ll do with the poster.
- Now put the necessary information on the poster like the address of the venue, name of the venue, time of the gig, and the date of the gig.
- At the end of the poster put the gate fee for audience to know how they will pay to watch the gig.
- You can also post a link to an online advertisement for the gig, link to your band’s music, or the event organizer you hire for the gig as well. This is where your audience can look up details of the gig online.
Not many bands have a creative person to make these kinds of things. It would be easier on pm a band’s schedule if you can get a poster designer to create one for your gig whether online or through marketing company.
Design services for musician branding is an expertise many creative companies have done. They can make create amazing layouts that would help attract more audience to your gig with their creativity in the design.
It is important that your band makes an impact even in your posters. For your next gig, it’s better if you can decide early if you want to make a poster for your next gig or have one made by an expert in design.